We are looking to fulfil 400 immediate vacancies for Home Care (elderly care at home) to work in various locations in the United Kingdom such as Manchester, Exeter, Oxford, Brighton, Bristol and Portsmouth.
What is Home care?
Home care, otherwise known as domiciliary care, is the provision of care and support services that enable individuals to remain independent in their own homes. This often prevents the need for people to enter a residential care setting such as a care or nursing home and is the preferred option for most service users and their families. As people continue to live for longer and choose to remain in their own homes, the domiciliary care sector is set to almost double in the UK over the coming years, creating numerous opportunities to quickly develop a career and access senior posts through ongoing training and qualifications – ALL of which are offered for free!
The employer is a leading provider of domiciliary care throughout the South West and the Midlands and has been providing a friendly and dedicated home care service for elderly clients for over 10 years.
As a domiciliary carer, you will provide care and support to individuals in their own homes in a variety of ways including personal care- washing/bathing/toileting, helping with medication, assisting with cooking, feeding, shopping, light domestic duties and very importantly be there to provide companionship. You will get to know the people you are caring for and gain a thorough understanding of their exact needs, helping them to achieve things that they are unable to do by themselves and allowing them to live as independently as possible.
A car is an essential part of the job (these are available from the employer) as you will be visiting clients in their own homes, which are located in roughly a 10 mile radius.
The Ideal Candidate
As a domiciliary care worker, you must be considerate, kind-hearted and compassionate with a very caring nature and a positive, sociable disposition. You will be a superb communicator – knowing exactly when you should listen and when you need to step in and help. You will understand what your customers need and will do everything you can to make it happen. As a domiciliary care worker, you will have great attention to detail, often have to multi-task and always remain calm under pressure. If you have experience as a carer either in a care home, with the NHS or in private care it would be useful, although is not a necessary requirement as you will undergo a full induction training programme at a centre of excellence training academy and will then be provided with ongoing support until you are happy to work on your own.
About You – Application Requirements:
• English level – to a reasonable conversation standard
• Understanding of Home care job role
• Motivated to work with the elderly and dependant individuals
• Driving licence – confident to drive in the UK – lessons/practice provided
• Good personality and professional attitude
• Genuine desire to help others
• Physically fit and hard working
• Flexible to work various shifts including weekends
• Willing to work 50+ hours per week including weekends
• Over 21 years of age
- Permanent contract (40 hours per week)
- Secure, long-term work
- Many extra hours available
- Full induction programme and ongoing support
- Pay rate - £7.50 per hour (Mon-Fri) £9.00 per hour (weekends)
- Accommodation, if needed will be provided (£100.00 - £150.00 per week)
- Car Hire - £7.09 per day (includes all bills and insurance)
- 23 pence per mile paid for business mileage.
- Paid training providing NVQ/QCF qualifications
- Career progression
If you wish to apply or obtain further information please send us: